That six-pack in your fridge is not good enough to show your guests a good time.
If you're throwing a Diwali bash or a poker night, Don't be a basic bro, skip the beer and serve up some amazing cocktails . You don't need to hire a bartender to do it for you. Here are the all the recipes you're going to need :
Indian Winter | A cardamom cocktail
FOR HONEY CARDAMOM SIMPLE SYRUP
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, honey, and cardamom pods. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is homogenous. Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain the simple syrup into an airtight jar. Syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Fill a lowball glass with ice water and set aside. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, simple syrup, lemon juice, and egg white. Shake vigorously to combine for 20-25 seconds. Empty ice water from lowball glass and strain contents of shaker into the glass. Garnish with Bab Louie Aromatic Spiced Bitter and a Huki Cinnamon stick ,if desired. Alternatively, cocktail can be served with a large sphere or square ice cube also, or whiskey cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker with ice with Sepoy & Co. Rose Lemonade.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass, and top with a spritz of rose water.
- If you want to get fancy: Strain the mixture into a julep mug. Fill with crushed ice and garnish with Huki's rose buds and lemon zest.
- To make the ginger syrup first, chop the ginger into tiny pieces. Boil the sugar and ginger in water, and then out it on simmer for about 45 minutes. Strain, and cool. Refrigerate in a glass bottle if you’re using it the following day.
- To make the cocktail, add the whisky, lemon juice, ginger syrup and ice, and shake well.
- Strain the drink into a Collins glass, top it up with The London Essence Co. Ginger Ale, and serve with a swizzle stick. You could sprinkle some of the rock salt on the drink, or rim the glass with it.
- For additional garnish, add the green chilli in the drink.
- Add Vodka, Lime juice, Sugar syrup, Mint, Shikanji masala in a blender with ice and blend
- Pour into a glass, add a lemon slice and top up to taste with Malaki Soda water and serve.
Have a great Diwali.