Love tea and Cocktails both? How about we put them together, here are a few scrumptious recopies to do that. Some spirits that mix well with teas are Rum, Gin, Whiskey, Bourbon or Vodka.
There are different teas which pairs up perfectly with these spirits like Earl Grey, Black Tea, Green Tea, Fruit herbal teas. Here we have three delicious recipes for you to try.
Hibiscus Margaritas made with Exalte Hibiscus Rosé Tea
- To make the hibiscus tea concentrate, bring 3 cups water to a boil, add hibiscus tea, stir, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain into a jar or glass container using a fine mesh strainer and add sweetener to taste. I found 1/3 cup (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) was about the right amount, using half agave nectar, half cane sugar. Stir to dissolve and let cool.
- To make two margaritas, add ice, cooled hibiscus tea concentrate, lime juice, tequila and 1 Tbsp agave nectar (optional // amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour over two glasses with ice. Salt or sugar rim is optional. Garnish with lime wedge. If too strong, dilute with a splash of sparkling water.
Chamomile Gin Cocktail made with Vahdam Organic Chamomile Mint citrus Green Tea
- Mix Vahdam Organic Chamomile Tea and 6 Tbsp. very hot water in a medium bowl. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in honey; mash chamomile with a wooden spoon. Let cool slightly.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher, pressing on solids to release liquid. Discard solids in sieve.
- Add gin, lemon juice, and 4 cups ice to pitcher.
- Stir until ice is melted. Divide among chilled coupe glasses.
White Tea and Rum Cocktail made with The Tea Shelf Silver Needle White Tea
- For the honey-lemon syrup: Bring the honey, lemon peel and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; cook until reduced slightly. Transfer the syrup to a container with a lid and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. Remove the peel before using. (Makes about 1 1/3 cups; cover and refrigerate extra syrup for up to 1 week.)
- For the white tea and rum cocktail: Combine the tea, rum, lime juice, 1/2 ounce of the honey-Lemon syrup and some ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a martini glass and serve straight-up. Float a lime slice on top.